As Catholics, we believe God has given each of us special gifts, talents, abilities, interests and passions to be used to build the Kingdom of God on earth. From our baptism, when we became a member of the Body of Christ, we are called to use those God-given gifts as we grow in faith and maturity. We are called to share those gifts with our families, our parish, our workplace and our community.
STEPS IN CHOOSING A MINISTRY:
1. Find a quiet place and time.
2. Pray: Ask the Holy Spirit to guide, inspire, and help you to discern your call to ministry.
3. Reflect: Do a self-assessment of your gifts:
- What are my talents and skills? (Music, teaching, prayer, helping, leading, etc.)
- What are my likes? (Working with children, the elderly, people or knitting, etc.)
- Do I have any special abilities or experience, including life experience?
- What are my dislikes?
- What grabs my attention or piques my interest?
- How would I like to grow or what would I like to learn?
How might my gifts (talents, abilities, experience, skills, etc.) be used in one or more of these ministries?
- Review the ministries listed here on our website to see if any of them spark your interest.
- Talk with others who are involved in a ministry. Contact persons are listed with the ministry.
- Ask yours, Where is God calling me to serve?
Here is some guidance from scripture...
So we are to use our gifts in accordance with the grace that God has given us.